Understanding 12-Lead EKGs: A Practical Approach, 2nd Edition
- By Brenda M. Beasley, Michael C. West
- Pub. Date: Jul 18, 2005 by Prentice Hall.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-170789-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-170789-4
List Price: $86.80
EKG interpretation is often a difficult subject for students to learn and understand. With this in mind, Brenda Beasley and Michael West have created Understanding 12-Lead EKGs, a straightforward approach to EKG interpretation that presents all the essential concepts students need to know to master the basics of this challenging field. This comprehensive, reader-friendly book is ideal for self-study or classroom use, making it the perfect resource for both students and practicing health care professionals. KEY TOPICS: Chapter topics include cardiovascular anatomy and physiology; basic electrophysiology; the electrical conduction system; the electrocardiogram; interpretation of an EKG strip; acute myocardial infarction; iscemia, injury and necrosis; interpretation of: inferior MIs, anterior MIs, septal MIs, lateral MIs, and posterior MIs; bundle branch blocks and axis deviations; therapeutic modalities; and cardiovascular pharmacology. For pre-hospital care and nursing providers, cardiac care monitor technicians, medical students, physicians, and ACLS candidates.
Table of Contents
1. The Anatomy of the Heart (Structure).
2. Cardiovascular Physiology (Function).
3. Basic Electrophysiology.
4. The Electrical Conduction System.
5. The Electrocardiogram.
6. Interpretation EKG Strips.
7. Acute Myocardial Infarctions.
8. Myocardial Iscemia, Injury, and Necrosis.
9. Interpretation of Inferior MIs.
10. Interpretation of Anterior MIs.
11. Interpretation of Septal MIs.
12. Interpretation of Lateral MIs.
13. Interpretation of Posterior MIs.
14. Axis Deviations and Bundle Branch Blocks .
15. Therapeutic Modalities.
16. Cardiovascular Pharmacology.
17. More Review Questions.
18. 12-Lead EKG Review Strips.
Appendix 1: Answers to Review Questions.
Appendix 2: Answers to Review Questions: Chapter 18 (12-Lead EKG Review Strips).
This textbook is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
$147.73|Add to Cart
This package contains:
$396.13|Add to Cart
This package contains:
- Understanding 12-Lead EKGs: A Practical Approach, 2nd Edition
By Brenda M. Beasley, Michael C. West|©2006|Paper ; 384 pages
- Intermediate Emergency Care: Principles and Practice
By Bryan E. Bledsoe, Robert S. Porter, Richard A. Cherry|©2004|Paper ; 1424 pages
- Patient Assessment Handbook
By Richard A. Cherry|©2002|Paper ; 200 pages
- Prehospital Emergency Pharmacology, 6th Edition
By Bryan E. Bledsoe, Dwayne E. Clayden|©2005|Cloth ; 576 pages
- Understanding EKGs: A Practical Approach, 3rd Edition
By Brenda M. Beasley|©2010|Paper ; 288 pages
Product Type: Physical Product
This publication currently is not for sale.