International Trauma Life Support for Emergency Care Providers and Resource Central EMS -- Access Card Package, 7th Edition
- By . . International Trauma Life Support (ITLS), John R. Campbell
- Pub. Date: Sep 29, 2011 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-281811-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-281811-7
List Price: $74.67
Conforms to the newest AHA/ILCOR guidelines for emergency cardiac care.Updated and refined to reflect the latest and most effective approaches to the care of the trauma patient.
· The discussion of hemorrhagic shock has been updated with the experience of the military during the recent conflicts.
· Recent studies on chest wall thickness and the current controversy over which site to use to decompress a tension pneumothorax are discussed.
· Procedures have been added for use of a tourniquet and use of hemostatic agents.
· Insertion of an IO needle by use of the EZ-IO system has been added.
· A discussion of blast injuries has been added.
· The latest recommendations for post-exposure prophylaxis have been updated.
· Personal watercraft injuries has been updated and expanded.
Other general changes include:
· The addition of Key Terms.
· New case presentations for all chapters.
· Updated Bibliographies.
· Many of the illustrations have new photos or have been redrawn for a more up-to-date look.
· New Resource Central solution on www.bradybooks.com for interactive learning exercises on topics discussed. Students will find quizzes, additional web links, games, videos, and more to supplement classroom learning. Through Resource Central, this text also offers instructors a full complement of online supplemental teaching materials such as test banks and PowerPoint lectures to aid in the classroom.
Throughout the text, hands-on exercises—help learners practice their knowledge and skills on simulated patients.
· By the end of the course, learners should feel confident in their ability to provide rapid lifesaving trauma care.
This proven training book—has been at the forefront of trauma education at all levels of pre-hospital emergency care worldwide for more than 30 years.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For more than 30 years, International Trauma Life Support has been at the forefront of trauma education at all levels of emergency care worldwide. This practical, hands-on training offers a complete reference covering all skills necessary for rapid assessment, resuscitation, stabilization, and transportation of the trauma patient. Updated with new photos and the latest approaches to the care of the trauma patient, this seventh edition conforms to the most recent AHA/ILCOR guidelines for artificial ventilation and CPR.
Table of Contents
1. Scene Size Up
2. Trauma Assessment and Management
3. Assessment Skills
4. Airway Management
5. Airway Skills
6. Thoracic Trauma
7. Thoracic Trauma Skills
9. Vascular Access Skills
10. Head Trauma
11. Spinal Trauma
12. Spinal Trauma Skills
13. Abdominal Trauma (Sample Chapter)
14. Extremity Trauma
15. Extremity Trauma Skills
17. Pediatric Trauma
18. Geriatric Trauma
19. Trauma in Pregnancy
20. The Impaired Patient
21. Trauma Arrest
22. Standard Precautions
Communications with the Receiving Hospital
Multi-Casualty Incidents and Triage
Documentation: The Patient Care Record
Role of the Medical Helicopter
Trauma Scoring in the Prehospital Care Setting
Drowning, Barotrauma, and Decompression Injury
Injury Prevention and the Role of the EMS Provider
Trauma Care in the Cold
ITLS Access Overview
Product Type: Physical ProductAdd To Cart
In stock. Usually ships in 24 hours.