Strategic & Tactical Considerations on the Fireground and Resource Central Fire -- Access Card Package, 3rd Edition
- By Jim P Smith
- Pub. Date: Jul 26, 2011 by Prentice Hall.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-283006-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-283006-5
List Price: $124.00
For courses in college fire science courses, or at a fire training academy.
Blending theory with personal experience, Strategic and Tactical Considerations on the Fireground, Third Edition, features over 40 years of author experience. Using a systems approach, the text covers not only tactics, but also <
Offers a lifetime of real experience–for students to apply in their firefighting career.
· Author, Chief James P. Smith, imparts his 41 years of experience in a large metropolitan fire department as a firefighter and fire officer who achieved every civil service rank and held the highest rank of deputy chief for over 20 years.
· It is further bolstered by the authors 25 years of classroom experience to students throughout the United States. Chief Smith offers not only his personal experience, but has enlisted firefighting strategies and situations from experts from across the nation.
· Written to relative NFPA Standards, and follows FESHE Course Objectives and Outcomes.
Ideal for use in college fire science courses, or as a guide for fire officer promotional studies.
· Written for firefighters by a seasoned veteran officer with a focused approach that offers a consistent theme that discusses strategic decisions as well as tactical operations.
· It discusses, in easily understood language, what needs to be accomplished for safe and successful operations.
· It contains systems that prepare a firefighter for handling a wide variety of situations on the fireground.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Blending theory with personal experience, Strategic and Tactical Considerations on the Fireground, Third Edition, features over 40 years of author experience. Using a systems approach, the text covers not only strategic decisions but tactical operations, guiding students through the process of problem identification and solution response. From planning to incident scene control, this text provides knowledge and tools that can be applied to a variety of complex fire situations.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Preparation
Chapter 2: Management Tools
Chapter 3: Decision Making
Chapter 4: Company Operations
Chapter 5: Building Construction
Chapter 6: Building Collapse and Scene Safety
Chapter 7: Special Situations and Occupancies
Chapter 8: Health Care and High-Risk Populations
Chapter 9: Commercial and Industrial
Chapter 10: Technical Operations
Chapter 11: After the Incident
Product Type: Physical ProductAdd To Cart
In stock. Usually ships in 24 hours.